Tuesday 23 July 2013

DIY floral sunglasses!

So as promised here is my DIY flowery sunglasses tutorial! With the help of Meredith's tutorial (Stilababe09) I was able to create these sunglasses really easily!

In the following picture is all of the things you need to create this look: sunglasses, super glue and the beads or cabochons of your choice. I will be making two pairs in preparation for my holiday and this is the first!

In the next picture I have already stuck one of the daisies on. I did this by applying glue to both the daisy and the glasses to ensure that it would be properly stuck on.

I did the same for the other side and made sure that they were symmetrical.

This is how the first two daisies looked and I continued to stick the others on so that each side looked as similar as possible.


This is a close up of the finished left side.

And these are the finished sunglasses! It was so easy to do and took me under ten minutes. I am really happy with the result of this pair and even though the daisies are quite large, they don't obstruct vision or anything, and if they did I would probably wear them anyway!

For the second pair I did exactly the same thing but with rose cabochons.

This pair were slightly more fiddly as the roses are small and there are more of them but I still think they turned out alright and I'm really excited to wear them!

This is the final result and after struggling with colour choice, I had to substitute a dark pink one with a light pink one but I don't think it is particularly noticeable so I don't mind. I'm happy with the results of this pair as well and although I was scared about ruining a pair of sunglasses I'm glad I did it because I think they came out really cool! 

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment